My mother is amazing. She is strong; physically, mentally, and emotionally. She is a giant and I love her. Sometimes I am convinced that she was born that tough and here is just one of the reasons why:
My mother grew up in a farming community; everyone had land and animals. My grandparents had a donkey. Now, my mother was always known for her trouble making capabilities; starting fights, finishing fights, and starting them up again.
One day she was near the donkey and for whatever reason he headbutted her. "Ay!" she yelled and assessed the damage, her tooth hurt but it was fine. She furrowed her brow and pursed her lips, clenching her fist "POW!" she punched the donkey right in the kisser.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I do love this story!
ReplyDeleteI can totally picture this one. Gotta love her "don't no crap from nobody" self!
ReplyDeleteSending you a big hug and a hello!